Over 2,500 Carnegie libraries were built between 1883 and 1929 with funds provided by steel magnate Andrew Carnegie. The Bozeman Carnegie Library was constructed in 1903 and underwent extensive renovations in 1998-99. Years of neglect were dissolved as brick and sandstone masonry were restored to their original condition. Interior spaces and finishes once obscured now glow in their original finery, and a new historically compatible elevator tower allows full access to the structure. The building is designed to address the needs of a modern office, complete with state-of-the-art communications, computer networking, and environmental systems. All work on this federally registered historic building was completed in accordance with the Secretary of the Interior’s Standards for Rehabilitation.