CoB Open House 1
MSU College of Business project Informational Open House
Meeting 1.2 was Feb 2 2012, Reid Hall 415
The three main objectives in the Programming Phase:
- What goes in the building?
- How big is the building?
- Where is the building?
The Design Team Goals are:
Listen & Learn / Establish a Common Language / Develop Evaluation Criteria
Kathleen Kavanaugh, Programming Consultant, asked the attendees their thoughts about the Site, the Building, and the Role the Building Should Play for MSU. Among the responses:
- Consider the green space.
- Removed car parking spaces should be relocated.
- Bike parking area.
- The building needs to assist in developing partnerships with other disciplines and community businesses.
- Windows are a serious problem for the AV use inside the auditorium space: Auditoriums don’t have to be windowless.
- Natural light, views and windows area priority.
- Transparency in this building, seeing out and seeing in: fosters professionalism.
- Good transitions coming out of the teaching spaces: as much positive interactions with the student walking out of class as inside class.
- Make breakout spaces in buildings for coffee and sandwiches: important for students and staff to have positive interactions.